cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshot technology error (0xE0008516)

bvn63
Level 3

Hello,

My company uses Hyper-V and install Symantec Backup Exec 15 on it to backup for FileServer,AD,...  Symantec shows error while backing up  FS2 VM (FileServer) a few days ago.

V-79-57344-34070 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "VRTSRV::\\HV2012.abc.local\Hyper-V?HA?VM\FS2". Snapshot technology used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Snapshot technology error (0xE0008516): The database specified for the snapshot was not backed up because the database was not mounted.

- If I run Backup 10 times,  FS2 VM (online) will successfully about 1 or 2 times, else failed.

- If I run Backup 10 times,  FS2 VM (offline) will successfully 10 times

I reboot FS2 VM, check vssadmin list writers ( Last error : No error), reinstall Agent for FS2 VM, upgrade the integration services, check eventlog on both of Hyper-V host and FS2 VM (same as above the error)  but this error still persist. 

Anyone can help me fix this error ?

Thank you.

Sang.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Assuming FS02 is ONLY a file server (it is not a DC or run any Exchange or SQL components

If you put it in a separate backup job (so not in the same job as the AD server or any servers containing database technologies) does it do the same thing if on this separate job you disable all the application GRT and ONLY leave file system GRT enabled.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Assuming FS02 is ONLY a file server (it is not a DC or run any Exchange or SQL components

If you put it in a separate backup job (so not in the same job as the AD server or any servers containing database technologies) does it do the same thing if on this separate job you disable all the application GRT and ONLY leave file system GRT enabled.

Hello Colin_Weaver,

I follow your guide and I put it in a separate and it's worked. Thank you for helping me.

Sang.