cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some duplicate jobs in CASO environment just won't run

IXISBDA
Level 3

Hi,

Our configuration uses three servers, two media servers and server caso. BE 2012 with latest SP. (Version 14.0 Rev. 1798 (64-bit))

The backup jobs are schedule by the CASO of course and carried out by the first media server.

Then duplicate jobs "run immediately after the previous task completes".

All backup jobs properly and operate almost all duplicates jobs except 3 ... those with larger volumes of data.

I think the CASO server wants to start the duplicate job while the backup set has not yet been returned to him from media serveur.

Despite the opening of 03865892 case number support in march 2013, then the 04992255 (08/26) after Symantec closing the first (SP2 would solve the problem ... but it was not). I have not had any news since.

If someone could help me. the only workaround is to duplicate the backup set manually every week.

Thank's

11 REPLIES 11

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I'd suggest you send a PM to Donald Eady with your case number and ask him to look into this.

Nearly a month down the line with no response isn't good-enough.

Thanks!

IXISBDA
Level 3

Thank for refer to http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH200921

this is definitely my case and I wonder why Symantec support are unable to know and tell me for over seven months?

A few minutes were enough to RahulG

Now when symantec will correct this problem almost a year old?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You may subscribe to that document to you get and update when the Fix is released. If your support case is open you may ask to get it escalated and see if they can get this issue resolved on Priority .

IXISBDA
Level 3

Subscription = OK. But almost a year old. How can i keep hope !

Ok for escalating but support never respond to my emails.

Can you see if the case 04992255 is still open and even if the case 03865892 can be reopened ?

Thx

IXISBDA
Level 3

Hello

This issue is still an issue even with the workaround, because the pause in post traitement can't apply on NAS ndmp system. Running the command timeout.exe /T 1200 /NOBREAK on backup server didn't resolve the problem.

IXISBDA
Level 3

Hi,

This issue isn't resolved and workaround don't work for SAN resources. Support tell me be patient and wait for SP3. (He told me the same thing for SP2...)

IXISBDA
Level 3

Hi,

this case is definitively resolved by SP3.

IXISBDA
Level 3

Hi,

One week after the result is :

- Duplicate backup Job start automatically. Good.

- Duplicate backup job on our 2 biggers vol start but do nothing good. The duplicate backup Sets are broken and ot usable to restore. They not contain any datas.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I'd recommend opening a case again with Symantec support to get this sorted out.

Thanks!

IXISBDA
Level 3

Thx CraigV

It's done before I post here.

And by the way, why I can't reopen easily a case when we see is it not solved few days latter.

Can you respond about my other case "Backup Exec 2012 OST Usage Report" please.