cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some question about VCB and BackupExec 12.5

Dormel
Level 2
Hello

at first i try an backup job using this Pre Command and Post Command.
Everything runs fine

But - i have some question:

1.)
I get in the Job Log:
Backup- BEX01
- AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Y:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Co... V-79-10000-11226 - VSS Snapshot error. The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot provi...

2.)

is use the pre Command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework\backupexec\pre-backup.bat" FullVMBackup TESTVM TESTVM2 TESTVM3

same in post schedule cmd ?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

teiva-boy
Level 6
Not sure why you are using pre and post commands?  If you are doing because you are not licensed for the Vmware Virtual Agent, then that makes sense.  The Virtual agent eliminates all scripting PERIOD.  All jobs are managed like normal, browse to your virtual center/ESX hosts, and check a box or multiple boxes/servers for your selection list.

For VCB with scripting, you need to probably refer to the Vmware forums, as they are better at those things then here.  They will help you specifically with the scripting needed, which you will enter in BE.  We can help you here for sure, with any BE specific issues.

I seem to recall some BackupExec 11d scripts from the VCB installer or available for download from Vmware that you can tweak yourself.  See if you can get those?