cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some tapes marked offlie in the tape library, Backup Exec 2014

kalamchi
Level 3

Hi,

I am looking at some issue with Backup Exec 2014 and tape libabry PowerVault 4000, where few tapes are marked offline.

Those tapes are not full, but they stay offline when I associate them with media sets. kindly see attached screen shot.

When I look at the slots view, those tapes are not listed.

I have tried to run inventory few times, scratch the tapes, associate them with different media sets, retire them and re-associate them. None of that seems to bring them online. Of course I cannot perform an erase on them since they are not listed in the Slots view (where erase is possible).

The rest of the tapes in the library are online and functioning properly.

Any ideas please on how to bringt the tapes online ?

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you sure the tapes are actually in the slots?

Hi,

Yes I have checked the slots and the tapes are there. I have also shuffled them into different slots, and ran inventory on the tape library. They still show offline.

Any ideas ?

thanks

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Do you see the tapes in the expected slots in the PowerVault TL4000 web UI?  If not, then you need to focus on that issue (power cycle the library, check the bar codes, etc)

Then I would suggest running an "Initialize now" job from BE for the TL4000, then a "Scan" job and an Inventory job.  Please post the scan and inventory job logs here, in MHT format.