cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony TSL-A300c Drivers?

jrae
Level 3
Hi
Where can I find the Backup Exec V9.1 for Windows servers drivers for a Sony TSL-A300c tape unit please?
8 REPLIES 8

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sony Drivers at

http://www.css.ap.sony.com/consumer/template/DDCategory.aspx?Model=TSL-SA300C&Category=Enterprise+Storage+Solutions

(URL may be wrapped)

Nimai_Sood
Level 3
Hi,

Thank your for posting your query,

Please refer to the following Link to download drivers for a Sony TSL-A300c tape unit :

We hope this information helps, if you have any other questions please respond to the post and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
Regards

jrae
Level 3
Hi

I already downloaded the drivers, the problem I have is that BE V9.1 cannot 'see' the Sony drive, are you able to assist with this?

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
The TSL-A300C is a multi-LUN device so you will need to enable Multi-Lun support on the BIOS of the SCSI card it it attached to, for the SCSI ID it is using.

If it is an Adaptec card then:-

a. Restart the server if it is running or power it on if it is powered off

b. When the << for SCSISelect Utility! >>> message is displayed; press

c. Select Configure/View Host Adapter Sett...

jrae
Level 3
Hi John
Thanks for that, I have done this and BE not recognises it but it is OFFLINE and I cannot get it online. I have tried the device config wizard again and it does find it okay. On Windows system it has an address of Port4 Bus 0 Target ID 0 LUN 1. I am not sure what address I need to turn 'ON'. When doing Ctrl and A it shows me two ports - port 0 and port 1 but it's plugged into the back of the card. Are ports 0 and 1 for the internal ports? Any other idea's please?

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
The card is dual channel so it shows you port 0 and port 1 - it is most probably POrt 1 the loader is attached to.

You need to to Multi-LUN support on for Target ID 0.

I would probably also suggest changing the SCSI ID on the loader to 2 - again make sure Multi-LUN support is turned on for ID 2.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Is the device Sony TSL-A300c now detected well in Backup Exec? If the problem persists, do write back to the forum. Regarding the SCSI Id's for a device, it is always recommended to NOT use the Id's 0 and 1 for the device as they are used by the bootable devices.It is recommended that the tape library be at SCSI ID 2, and that the drives that are part of the library start at SCSI ID 3, and continue upward. For additional information you can refer to the following technotes:

Title: How to determine the SCSI ID and LUN information for a device on a Microsoft Windows 2000 machine
http://support.veritas.com/docs/231598

Title:How to troubleshoot issues with a Robotic Library or Tape Drive in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255501

Hope this helps.Do update us in either case.If you do not receive your response within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.