cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source: NfsClnt Event ID: 16397

bdd190
Level 2
Ever since I reinstalled BE 12.5 on my Windows 2008 server (to another drive) I have been receiving the following entry in my application event log every 5 minutes:

>>
Source:        NfsClnt

Date:          9/23/2009 10:13:03 AM

Event ID:      16397

Task Category: None

Level:         Warning

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      orion.corp.annapmicro.com

Description:

Windows(R) Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) failed a request to connect to Active Directory Domain Services(R) for Windows user <CORP\Administrator>.

Without the corresponding UNIX identity of the Windows user, the user cannot access Network File System (NFS) shared resources.

Verify that the Windows user is in Active Directory Domain Services and has access permissions.

<<

All the tasks related to the BE system appear to be working fine...backups, restores, job entries, etc.

When I disable the "Backup Exec DLO Administration Service" the event log entries stop - so I know the error is related to BE.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,

Brett
4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

The best way is to uninstall and reinsin the DLO license

Go to tools-->license -->uncheck the DLO licence and finish the setup...than enter the DLO license again and check for the event

bdd190
Level 2
Thank you!

I ended up uninstalling the DLO stuff altogether because I wasn't using it.  When I first attempted to uninstall it, I got an error and it never promperly removed the services.  I had to reinstall and then uninstall again (which then removed the services in question).  No more NfsClnt errors.

-Brett

Sean_Brazier
Not applicable
I've been really scratching my head over this, but hadn't narrowed it down to BE.  Could you please point me at instructions for uninstalling DLO as I'm getting these errors really frequently?

Thanks very much

Sean

B_Louie
Level 3
Partner
Go to Tools -> Install Options and license Keys on this Media server -> Next -> Uncheck DLO -> Next -> Install

This fixed stopped the event log warning for me instantly. I didn't bother to do the re-install of DLO as my client was not using it.

I would've never guessed it was BE causing this.