cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific report for manager

mli7777
Level 5

I googled some and looked over the reports function and did not see what would create what the want for me so thought I would try my brotheres of the backup world  :)

Below is what they ask for in my ticket.

Can we please send a detailed policy list for backups to the manager that show retention rates and schedules for each server we are backing up?

Seems like this would be a resonable report request for sure come audit time.

Thanks

MIke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mli7777
Level 5

Well never did find a custom report that fit the bill.

So I just created a spread sheet report by going through each job.

Mike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Mike,

Backup Exec has a list of reports, and if the report you're looking for doesn't exist, you're able to create your own customised report. Check for that option in the Reports section of BE. You might have to do a bit of trial-and-error in order to make sure you have the correct tables selected to pull that information out.

Thanks!

mli7777
Level 5

Well I have poked around some and really do not see these things easy to put in a report or two.   A deployment engineer thinks you can copy a table into excel ?   Or says maybe some SQL scripts to pull the data ?    I can't find anything quickly with google.   So any other thoughts ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You MIGHT want to get an SQL DBA to take a look at the tables and see what you have to work with, but this wouldn't be supported by Symantec. If you pursue this, find someone who knows what they're doing.

You can also look at some sort of 3rd party application that does this.

Thanks!

mli7777
Level 5

Well never did find a custom report that fit the bill.

So I just created a spread sheet report by going through each job.

Mike