cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spontaneous program closure

Level 2
Every time I try to open a selection list to edit, the entire BackupExec program spontaneously closes. I need to edit the list - any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

J_Gilman
Level 3
Anything is your event logs?

Level 2
Not a word.

J_Gilman
Level 3
What Revision of Backup Exec? Has this worked for you before from this machine? Is it just one particular selection list or all of them?

Level 2
Those are all good questions. It is Rev, 4691, and it has worked on this machine. I created the lists on this machine.

OK - this is really screwed up - After having the program close all morning, it just opened up to allow me to edit the thing. I hate stuff that I can't explain!

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Also check if the backup exec services stop when you try to edit the selection list. When it opened to allow you to edit the list, did it work well after that? Also elaborate as asked by someone in the post if it happens to only a perticular selection list or to all?

Install SP 2 for backup exec in case you do not have it already from the following link:

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691 - Service Pack 2
http://support.veritas.com/docs/275247

In case the problem persists, do revert with more info on the above questions.
However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.