Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start date Problems

ltjimster
Level 6

Hi guys,

Hopefully this should be an easy one.

I'm scheduling backups to on Recurring weeks days and i've got one thats does 4th Friday of the month so this Friday but it completely ignored this friday and went to the next 4th friday in April like i hadn't set it but i have. Why would it do that??

Also set all my media to be overwrite protected for about 20-25 days on each but the one in question is protected until the 25th March, so the day before.

Thanks
James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Perrin
Level 5

itjimster,

Even if the job is just submitted to run on the same day it can cause problems.  Sometimes I have had to submit the job manually on the day I want it to run (use the 'Run on' option and submit it for the time you want).  Then you can set up the schedule the next day, after it has run successfully and it should be scheduled correctly from then on. 

This seems to be a scheduling problem in backupexec itself.  I first saw the problem in 10D (I think), but it has occurred up until version 12.5 for me.

David

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner
Hi there,
If the time (hour:minutes) you defined for you job is after you have create your job, it schedules to the next time it should run
Ex
If you want a job to run a 14h:00 every Monday, but you only create it at 14:20 on Monday, it points to run next Monday.

Regards,
JoaoMAtos 

ltjimster
Level 6
I'm not sure what you sorry, could explain abit more please...................................it's only doing it on some of them, i've been adjusting days on the ones that were already there.

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner
When o define a new job, the date and time you want to run that job can not be before the date and time you define the job,
unless you say in "efective date", the day the job start running.

David_Perrin
Level 5

itjimster,

Even if the job is just submitted to run on the same day it can cause problems.  Sometimes I have had to submit the job manually on the day I want it to run (use the 'Run on' option and submit it for the time you want).  Then you can set up the schedule the next day, after it has run successfully and it should be scheduled correctly from then on. 

This seems to be a scheduling problem in backupexec itself.  I first saw the problem in 10D (I think), but it has occurred up until version 12.5 for me.

David

ltjimster
Level 6

thanks for the Replies...............Thats what i've done David, seemed like the best thing to do then set afterwards to schedule.

Cheers guys.

James