cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start, stop and cancel job gray

Tomas_C
Level 4
I'm testing CPS for some servers over WAN-links. I made a manual job and started it, it worked just fine.

But after that, when I changed from "Manual" to "Whenever a file changes", the Start Job choice (as well as the stop and cancel) were gray and not choosable.

I deleted the job and made it from scratch, with the same problem. I made other jobs, both manual and "Whenever..." jobs, but with the same problem.

There are no errors as far as I can see, so it feels like I'm just missing something here. But I can't understand what, and it drives me crazy.

Please help.
5 REPLIES 5

Craig_S1
Level 3
I had a similar problem & when I contacted the technical support department they guided me through a series of steps to remove the corruption from the database which was causing the job operations to be grayed out. On the CPS Protection Server follow these steps:

NET STOP RXRSA

NET STOP RXASA

NET START RXASA

DBISQLC

Username: vsr   Password: [removed]

Database server: <SERVER NAME>

Database name: rsa

Database file: c:\program files\symantec\CPS\Database

Delete from ServerStorageVolumes

Hope this helps!

[edit:removed password]

Message Edited by LakeRat on 02-14-2008 08:32 AM

BigQ
Level 4
I am having this same issue. Is this procedure verified at all? Also I take it we would need to call to get the password from the looks of it.

Thanks.

Tomas_C
Level 4
I had this solved in a different way by making a new database instead. The problem with that is that I had to rebuild jobs and everything, but that wasn't a big job on this server.

If I remeber correctly, I just renamed the database folder, and restarted the server. I'm not 100% sure if there was anything else though.

BigQ
Level 4
hmmm, well I don't think i want to do that yet. I guess it's time to make a call.

Thanks for reply

BigQ
Level 4
OK problem resolved. As stated above this works.

NET STOP RXRSA

NET STOP RXASA

NET START RXASA

DBISQLC

Username: vsr   Password: [removed]

Database server: <SERVER NAME>

Database name: rsa

Database file: c:\program files\symantec\CPS\Database

Delete from ServerStorageVolumes

But I will add that the server NEEDS to be restarted before starting up CPS again. I tried it both ways and it only works if it is restarted after closing the DB interface.

I guess they do not want the password published so I wont and  you will need to call tech support.