cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting afresh

kpc
Level 2

One more thing, whats the best way to go about implementing a new backup routine.  I want to delete what's in Backup Exec and start fresh but don't want to lose the backups that are already there - just in case.

I remember reading about a database/catalogue tool where you can reset the data, should I first make a copy of my existing backup files to other storage area and a copy of the program file/backup exec etc folder

Then run this tool?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can start afresh by going to the BE installation directory and use the BEUtility tool.

1) Use BEUtility to dump the BEDB.  Keep the BEDB.bak file in the Data directory under the BE installation directory save.

2) User BEUtility to get a fresh copy of BEDB and you would have wiped out your existing configuration.

3) You would need to inventory existing media so that BE is aware of them.  If necessary, catalog them again.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can start afresh by going to the BE installation directory and use the BEUtility tool.

1) Use BEUtility to dump the BEDB.  Keep the BEDB.bak file in the Data directory under the BE installation directory save.

2) User BEUtility to get a fresh copy of BEDB and you would have wiped out your existing configuration.

3) You would need to inventory existing media so that BE is aware of them.  If necessary, catalog them again.