cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statics Volume Location

Level 3
Hi,

When I do a backup of my remote server, it is unable to complete and the error log reports there is insufficient disk space for the aofo agent. I used the AOFO wizard to change the location for the static volume on the remote server but still get the error.

C: 150mb free space
D: 5GB free space

I have changed the static volume on the server to D: which has 5GB of free space but the error log tells me that it is unable to backup C: with AOFO due to a lack of free space.

I checked the registry on the remote server and the static volume path is pointing to D:

Please advise.

Regards,
Jeremy
2 REPLIES 2

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

-- If you are backing up multiple volumes at a time, I would suggest you to do the steps mentioned in the following technote :

How to get Advanced Open File Option to snap one volume at a time during multi-volume backups
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264464

-- If the cache file is being created on a volume that is being backed up, that setting will be ignored. So, while specifying the path for the cache file, do not put it on a volume that is being backed up as a part of that particular backup job. Place it on some other volume.

-- Exclude all *.VSP files from Anti Virus scanning.

-- Look for a *.VSP file on the server. Delete it if found. If the file is not being deleted, a reboot is required.

Re run the backup and observe the results.

Do let me know if the above helped you in resolving the issue.
Should the issue persist, please send the exact error message and the AOFO settings that have been specified.

Thanks.

Level 3
Hi Sheetal,

Thanks for the tip, I tried it out and so far the backup looks good.

Regards,
Jeremy