cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage list empty after change MMS to standalone server for DR test

Kenneth_Lam
Level 4

I have setup CAS in site A and MMS in site B and both with enterprise option and deduplication option licensed. Both deduplication disks are shared to opposite. 

I would like to perform DR test for MMS server assuming that the CAS server is failed. Then, I follow the document "https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Exec/How-to-avoid-long-time-process-of-offsite-deduplication/m-p/8..." to remore the MMS role on MMS server. After server boot and run Backup exec app, I find that the storage list is empty. How can I find out deduplication disk (MMS server local disk)?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

When MBES was connected to CAS, the devices entries were saved on BEDB of CAS. Now that CAS is down, the device list on MBES cannot be retrieved. You can simply import the deduplication folder in BE now. Just need to do an Inventory if catalog mode of this MBEs was set to distributed else if catalog mode was set to centralized, you will need to perform catalog of the storage as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Gurvinder

When MBES was connected to CAS, the devices entries were saved on BEDB of CAS. Now that CAS is down, the device list on MBES cannot be retrieved. You can simply import the deduplication folder in BE now. Just need to do an Inventory if catalog mode of this MBEs was set to distributed else if catalog mode was set to centralized, you will need to perform catalog of the storage as well.

Thank for your reply. After following your step, I can import the deduplication disk and see my backup set. Then, I create SDR disk to test SDR restore on a physical disk. However, there are 2 jobs of total 6 restore jobs failed. Backup job list.pngError Log.png

The SDR job can finish but the PC cannot boot up.

The error job log is attached on this post. How would I fixing this? Thank you.

Gurvinder

just ensure to run an Inventory and catalog on the dedupe folder you re-imported before attempting the recovery.

Thank you. I think I find out the reason of the restoration error. I just process Full backup on CAS and use USB(Storage) to duplicate to MMS. After that, I just process increment backup on CAS and duplicate to MMS via internet. I haven't process Full backup again and duplicate to MMS via internet. This may be the reason. This is because when I select restore point on the PC booted by SDR disk, the full backup(Duplicated by USB storage) on the list is marked as expired. 

So, I think your solution is right. Thank you.