cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store backups in separate folders on disk?

karinjo
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

I use backup exec 2012 and I would like to know how to setup backup location. I want to save backups (on backup location - eksternal disk or shared folder) in separate folders for each server or workstation?

I backup up several servers and workstations and I see on backup location disk, there is all backup files in root folder location

how to configure that and is it posible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

With Backup Exec 2012, there can be only one Disk device storage on each volume. So all your backups needs to go on the same disk storage and it will not be possible to create  seperate B2D for each server/workstation.

If you want your each workstation/server to go to different folder then you will have to create that many number of Disk storage on as many Volumes on the server.

This all can be configured from Storage tab in BE 2012 and using the Configure Storage option.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can configure separate backup2disk folders for each different source.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

With Backup Exec 2012, there can be only one Disk device storage on each volume. So all your backups needs to go on the same disk storage and it will not be possible to create  seperate B2D for each server/workstation.

If you want your each workstation/server to go to different folder then you will have to create that many number of Disk storage on as many Volumes on the server.

This all can be configured from Storage tab in BE 2012 and using the Configure Storage option.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I realize that this sounds like a good idea (directing each computer to it's own B2D Device, but it really isn't, even if it were possible

Just let Backup Exec keep track of which BKF files belong to which BackupSet and contain which computers