cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour by the BE Server Service.

Anders_M
Not applicable
Hello, I've been browsing around these forums for some time now but I can't seem to find a thread that relates to my problem.

I'm running a Windows 2000 SP4 server and using BE v8.60 to back up the data on it. Recently I installed a NAS and redirected all my backups to there (the tapedriver and tapes were way to old and shouldnt have been used for years really). And after I did that switch and made new backup jobs to the drive BE service have been acting quite weird and is restarting itself at random times (atleast they appear random) and in the process it also makes another database service on the server to restart.

In the eventlog it starts with this:
"
Event-type: Information
Event Source: Backup Exec
Event Category: Ingen
Event-ID: 33344
Date:  2009-09-02
Time:  09:08:54
User:  Missing
Computer: ST1
Description
:
Notification Server Started.
"
After this a small cascade of events follow, I could paste them all but the log is in swedish so I dont know if that is such a good idea.

But my problem is that I cant seem to find any reference anyway to the Event-ID's: 33344, 33473, 57796, which are the ones that pop up during the service restart process.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the cause of these and how I can fix it?

Thankful for any input at all.

Best Regards
/Anders

0 REPLIES 0