cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange restore behaviour

samrooney
Not applicable
Hi folks,

I was asked by one of our users to restore a praticular file. So i went to the "restore" tab, selected this file from the folder tree making sure to only select this praticular file so that it had a tick mark in the box beside it, the program automaticaly fills in a diagonal line on each folder up the tree that this file is contained within.

So far so good. I have done restores like this with no problems many times before. The only difference this time was that the user wanted the file restored to a different location so that they couls see the current version and the old version and compare them. I clicked on "file redirection" in the left side pane, ticked "redirect file sets" and used the "..." button to select the filepath on the shared drive where i wanted the file to be put.

What has happened is that backupexec has created a folder which is a mounted volume to the main shared drive in the location i selected instead, so instead of S:\mainshareddrivefolder\restorefolder\fileiwantedtorestore.xls we have S:\mainshareddrivefolder\restorefolder\mainshareddrivefolder\etc...
it is now possible to navigate in a loop endlessley through this mounted drive that is located on itself.

What I really need to know is how to get rid of the mounted volume in \restorefolder\ as I dont want to leave it there in case someone accidentaly deletes it and looses 330gb of shared company data

Any help with this confusing mess would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
sam
0 REPLIES 0