cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Succesful Duplicate Job not in Restore List

ksdst1
Level 5

Hi all.

I have BEX2012 with a full B2D job each week, where part of the job is also a duplicate to tape from the end of the month full B2D, which is sent to offsite storage.  (I'm aware this mght not be a good method but not looking to address that now)  Last month's duplicate job had an issue with a bad tape so it failed. Using new tapes, I clicked on the successful end of monthB2D in the job history list, and ran another duplicate to tape from it.  The duplicate finished successfully, however, when I tried a test restore to access the tape data, the duplicate backup instance was not listed.  I treid to catalog the duplicate job running through all the tapes, but it is still not listed as a time point for a restore like all past duplicate tape jobs.  How can I have this accessible/catalogued, etc?

Tnx

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As far as I can remember BE 2012 only shows you one set of selections in the restore selection tree and then after you select the data and move on through the restore dialogs, if it detects the same data on two different storage devices (as duplicates) and gives you a choice of where to restore from. Note: 2010 R3 and eaelier used to show 2 sets of selections in the restore selection tree

So I guess the question is where are you expecting to see the duplicate set listed (maybe a screenshot would help

If you can see it working from one duplicate job and not for another however then you will probably need to log a formal support case for us to review what is going on.

ksdst1
Level 5

Tnx for the reply Colin.

Attached is the restore list.  FYI, the end of month B2D full backup that is duplicated to tape, is written over by future weekly/end of month full B2Ds so when I choose to restore data from a past restore date, I am prompted for the appropriate tapes.  In the below list, the two entries for "4/13/2016" reference a delayed incremental and regular incremental (which will be removed from the list when next weeks backups overwrite them.  "4/9/2016" was the last duplicate to tape (but the tape was bad so could not restore from that set).  

The manual duplicate to tape I ran does not show up.  Again "I right clicked on the successful end of monthB2D in the job history list, and ran another duplicate to tape from it."  Is this the correct method and shouldn't I expect the duplicate job to be present in the restore list?

Tnx....

I'm having same issue and question like this, having one duplicate job each of end month but I can't see on restore list.

any answer ?