cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success in backup job, but only a few kb backed up

Grace_Chen
Level 2

Hello

In Symantec Backup Exec 2012 I am 'successful' in backing up data from a remote server to tape, it contains 95 folders and total size is around 50G, but when looking at the details in job history, elapsed time of the job is under 3 minutes, byte count = 600 something bytes, job rate = 0.00MB/min.... nothing but the top layer of folder was backed.  I have changed backing up data to disk, failed as well.

Anyone got the same problem?  how do I check it as everything in Job Log showing no errors...

administrator account being used has full access to the remote folders being backed up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are taking backup of DFS data than you should select the folders through Shadow Copy 

Components of the server.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are taking backup of DFS data than you should select the folders through Shadow Copy 

Components of the server.

nilesh_dhakras
Level 3
Employee

Hi,

Would you please let me know what your selection was for the backup job?

Also, where did you see that it had 95 folders and around 50G of data? Did you see this information from the job log / job history? Or you are referring the folder / data count from the actual server being backed up?

Grace_Chen
Level 2

Thanks Amol and Nilesh, today finally got time to do the test, the job is successful by selecting the folders through Shadow Copy, thanks for making my life easier !!

Number of folders and data volumn were calculated from the server being backed up, I wanted to point out  the  discrepancy between the actual data and data being backed.

Thanks for the support!!