cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden increase in size of the backup exec data folder?

D_Ferry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Is there any other person who experience this issue? Can you please help me find the cause of this issue. It will be a part of my report and i dont know why a single xml file reach a whopping 168gb. a good explanation is a very big help to me. I hope you can help me guys. thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

One of the reason why the xml file grow is the large corrupt file in the backup set which is software compressed or software encrypted. The issue is resolved in backup exec 2010

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Have you set the JOb log to give more details?

We can manage the size of the Log file
1  : Open the Backup Exec console.
2  : Go to TOOLS--> OPTIONS
3  : Click on "Job Logs"
4  : Select the FIRST option : Summery information only

D_Ferry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Yeah, ive been using this default setting. My issue is somehow related to this article butthis didnt state the possible reason that this happens...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH124237&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1326684605476

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

One of the reason why the xml file grow is the large corrupt file in the backup set which is software compressed or software encrypted. The issue is resolved in backup exec 2010

D_Ferry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Its all clear to me now... So i just need to check the files that they are trying to backup... Thanks for the help RahulG... Is there anyway a patch or hotfix can be obtained? They are using backup exec 12... Thanks again RahulG...

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Well there is no patch for this issue . The issue is resolved in backup exec version 2010

D_Ferry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Well it seems like the fault is on the data that they are trying to backup, then that should be written on the report. ill update you once that data being has been checked for possible corruption and the backup has been performed again. Ill send you a message. As of now ill marked this as resolved.... Thanks again RahulG...