cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions prior to upgrade to 10.1?

Steve_Hammes
Level 3
We are planning an upgrade from version 10.0 to 10.1(d) very soon, any suggestions, things that may cause a problem during an upgrade? Our media server is running Windows 2003 Standard server and we have a 14 slot tape library, it's an ATL PowerStor L500 with a Quantum DLT8000 tape drive. I have obtained all the correct license keys (it was a free upgrade for us), we will eventually use the Continuous Protection Server as well. Any thing that will help us with this upgrade would be greatly appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4

David_Chadwick
Level 3
Hi Steve,

I upgraded from 10.0 to 10.1 a few months ago and it was extremely smooth. I just installed 10.1 right over the top. It upgraded everything, renamed the entry in "Add/Remove Programs" to show "Symantec Backup Exec 10d" etc.

The upgrade works very well. It's such a minor upgrade that it's really not much more complicated than installing a patch. The MSI does exactly what it is supposed to do. The whole thing only took a few minutes and everything was exactly as it should have been afterwards.

Seeya,
David

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Steve,

You do not need to uninstall the previous installation. All you have to do is start the installation over the existing installation.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Steve_Hammes
Level 3
We have done our upgrade to 10d and it completed without any problems. We have run a couple test backups and everything appears to be working as expected. Sometime in the near future we will install the Continous Protection Server and do some backups to disk.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

As your issue is resolved please let us know if we can mark this thread as assumed answered.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.