cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperLoader 3 /w DLT-V4 won't operate

rbichon
Level 3
I recently purchased a Quantum SuperLoader 3 with the DLT-V4 drive and am trying to get it to work with Backup Exec 12. I have verified that the unit is operational with Quantum's xTalk software. I did a full diagnostic and it returned no errors. The library shows up under Robotic Libraries. I had to associate its internal drive with the library using the device wizard. I am able to Lock and Scan the library with Backup Exec. However, when I try to do an Inventory, the library never responds and the job reads "Initializing" as long as I let it run. It won't Inventory or Erase and it seems that the library never tries to move a tape from any of the slots to the drive. HELP!
2 REPLIES 2

rbichon
Level 3

I am still in the middle of troubleshooting this library. I found this http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/190653.htm which told me to enable Multiple LUN Support in the BIOS of the SCSI controller which I did. On POST it now lists both the library and the drive under the SCSI devices which seems like a plus. It still did not work in BE 12 so I did a complete uninstall, rebooted, deleted all BE folders that I could find, and installed BE 11d. Oddly enough, BE 11d seems to be working. I am able to do an Inventory on the library so far and will continue to test the other functions. It is worth mentioning that BE 11d automatically listed the SCSI drive under the robotic library whereas BE 12 did not. In BE 12, I had to associate them together using the Device Wizard. Stange!

Kevski
Not applicable

I've got the same problem. We upgraded our 11d server to 12d and now the Superloader doesn't work. In the devices display all the Slot show up with the correct tapes - But the drive always appears empty, even if we manually move a tape using the superloader controls.