cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Exchange 2010 Service Packs

Chrisb2012
Level 3

Dear Community,

I currently run Backup Exec 2010 R3 Version 13 Rev 5204 and Exchange 2010 (14.1) SP1

I plan to upgrade Exchange 2010 to SP2 roll up 1 to fix and Exchange issue. Will my Backup Exec current version support this level or do I need to upgrade?

I gues I will also need to update the Exchange management console on the Backup server too.

Many Thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

BE2010 R3 does support Exchange 2010 SP2, refer Page 20 & 23 of the below SCL.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137682

Note: Do read the foot notes mentioned in the compatibility list

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB

BE2010 R3 does support Exchange 2010 SP2, refer Page 20 & 23 of the below SCL.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137682

Note: Do read the foot notes mentioned in the compatibility list

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Hi Q. I gues I will also need to update the Exchange management console on the Backup server too. Yes you are right ,whenever you upgrade exchange in terms of patch or service pack ,please update your management tool for exchange on media server to bring it same level. In terms of supported ,above post mentioned do describes as per SCL it is not supported,but it always does not mean it will not work ,so basically you can try and check. In case when you call Symantec support ,then to get a help on same you have to be on supported configuration. Hope that helps. Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I'd suggest you read your work colleague's post above. The pages he quotes clearly state that SP2 is supported with a couple of caveats.

If you're going to basically repost what someone else has a couple of hours ago, just make sure the information is correct wink

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Hi Yes sorry I misread it ,thanks for correcting though. Thanks