Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for MS SQL 2005 Workgroup Edition

pmevalenzuela
Level 5

Hi,

I'm at a lost here is

I have a server running the version of SQL below:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.1399.06 (Intel X86)   Oct 14 2005 00:33:37   Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation  Workgroup Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

Is WorkGroup Edition supported for Agent for Application and Database for Backup Exec 2012.

I went over the SCL and no mention of support for WorkGroup Edition.

Thanks,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The SQL 2005 workgroup edition is supported by BE 2012 because it is just missing a few features of the standard and enterprise editions.  The SQL Server 2005 databases are the same for the all 3 editions.

Windows NT 5.2 is just either Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP and both these are supported as well by BE 2012.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

As workgroup edition does not appear in the Agent for Application and Database list means BE2012

does not support this version. However SQL 2005 Workgroup Edition is supported only as

Database Repository for BE2012. (Page#23 of compatibility list). Also make a note BE2012 does

not support Windows NT 5.2 OS.

EDIT: Refer to below compatibility list

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH175581

pmevalenzuela
Level 5

Hi,

Yes it is true.. It does not appear. But under SQL 2005 / 2008 the editions of Standard and Enterprise is not stated.

what version of SQL 2005, 2008 and 2012 are supported it is not stated on the SCL.

Thanks,

Paul

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The SQL 2005 workgroup edition is supported by BE 2012 because it is just missing a few features of the standard and enterprise editions.  The SQL Server 2005 databases are the same for the all 3 editions.

Windows NT 5.2 is just either Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP and both these are supported as well by BE 2012.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

@Paul, apologies for incorrect information mentioned in my previous post.

I will check with the documentation team if we can add a foot note in SCL stating supported editions

of SQL. 

@PKH, Thanks for correcting my post

pmevalenzuela
Level 5

thanks.. I would really like to get official feedback if workgroup edition is supported or not.

PKH = thanks, appreciate your response. your the best...

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you want an official confirmation then you need to log a formal support case