cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec BE 2010 licenses.

iskawtf
Level 3
Hi everybody, I am here again to ask question regarding our symantec BE 2010.

I've been using SBE 2010 for 4 months with Drobo. I've been performing backups of our client's server to drobo and from drobo to symantec.

The first 3 months was fine, I can run backups from drobo to symantec.

I stop performing backups from drobo to symantec for a month because my boss and our client were contemplating on what tapes to use since we are backingup enormous amont of files.

Until last July 7, I ran a backup from drobo to symantec, to my surprised it asked for Remote Agent for Windows System license. I checked all licenses that was installed on our media server but I can't find Remote Agent for Windows System. I also ran AOFO, it was successfully installed but when i try to backup it asked again for remote agent license.

As far as I could remember, I haven't performed any updates here so I take for granted the reason about agent compatibility.

This is the message that prompts everytime i try i run a backup:

Selection of this item is disabled. Possible reasons are:
-The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows System on remote computer is a previous or incompatible version.
-The Remote Agent is not installed on remote computer.
-A license for the Remote Agent is not installed on media server.
-You are not authorized to access this item.

Possible Solutions are:
-Reinstall the Remote Agent on the remote computer.
-Enter a Remote Agent license on media server.
-Use a different logon account to connect to the remote computer.

I already tried reconfiguring logon account, installing AOFO on our media server, but still no luck.

I would also want to know if there's a way to get a copy of our symantec licenses? I asked my boss about it but he can't remember.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

P.S

Sorry for my bad sentence construction.

Thanks.
iskawt
11 REPLIES 11

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You can check what licenses are activated by going to Help --> About and clicking on the Licence Information button.

To get copy of your Symantec licences, you would need to contact Symantec Licensing.  They would probably need your purchasing information.

iskawtf
Level 3
Thank you sir pkh, I tried that and I can't find Remote Agent for Windows System on the list.

I also looked on Tools>Install Options and License Keys on this media server, ( i am still asking my boss if he has our copy of remote agent for windows system license though we have our symantec license copy.) but I also cannot see Remote Agent for Windows System on the list that I can install. What does that mean sir?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It means that you are missing the iicence for the BE Remote Agent.  You would have to input it to get over the licence violation.

iskawtf
Level 3
It might be my noobish question sir pkh but can i get a copy my BE Remote Agent license by communicating on symantec?

I asked my boss and to my surprised he told me that BE Remote Agent was not installed from the start on our media server.

Now I wonder how did my backups run successfully for 3 months without BE remote agent.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you had purchased the ilcence then Symantec Licensing would be able to provide you with the licence.  You would probably need to provide documentary proof of the purchase.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You could have been in the 60 Trial period.

nhej-
Level 5
Employee
Contact Customer Care ( Licensing team) at 1-800-721-3934 option 2 to check if you have the license for the BUE Agent for Windows System or to check all the licenses for your BUE 2010.

iskawtf
Level 3
^

Ma'am I can't see our BEU license here on license information, does that mean that it was'nt installed?

But I can see and run it from Start Menu. ( Sorry for being noob )

Btw, I am only remoting a server which has Symantec BE 2010 so I can't really see those things that he ( my boss ) attached on the server.

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

Have you tried to contact licensing department to get a copy of your license information?

Maybe you are running a trial ware for BUE 2010.?

If you will contact Licensing department, they can request for a copy of all your licenses for BUE and to check for the remote agent license.

iskawtf
Level 3
I haven't done that Ma'am. I am still waiting for the files that my boss had when they purchased Symantec so I have a reference on the purchased information.

nhej-
Level 5
Employee
I see.. If ever that you have the informations, better to call customer care ( licensing team) we can check your licenses and request for a copy of all your license. Just update us if you were able to call 1-800-721-3934 option 2.:P