cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec Installation

hamir_mtl
Not applicable

im using a windows server 2003, juz a simple server have connection to internet. the problem is im buying a symantec backup exec software to use a backup storage tape,when i run the installation the error ''server services are not running'' come out. when i start the services my server can't connect the internet n the installation still error.
can anybody help me 

hamir_mtl@yahoo.com 

3 REPLIES 3

Tejas_Shah
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Who ever answers, please elobrate on steps involved in making a simple Backup Exec server installation. You may start seprate forum for the same.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I'd start by uninstalling the application. There is no good reason why Backup Exec will stop your users connecting to the Internet, but it appears your installation is really corrupted. I have that sometimes on some of my servers, and I have to reset the login authentication to get the services started up. I suspect it's got something to do with either DNS or replication, but I haven't nailed this down yet.
Uninstall your application, and restart your server.
Put the disk in, and run through the installation. It's simply clicking "Next" until you either want to put in a different location for your installation path and SQL database, or put in licenses. Also make sure your service account you'll be using is not locked out. You cannot go wrong with a standard installation.
If it does it again, then it's got to do with authentication...that would be why your services don't start up.

MitchR
Level 6

I agree with CraigV's assesment - and I'd also add that you'll probably find some errors in the event log that may shed some light on the real cause of this error.  Look for the last time you manually started the services and/or the last time you booted the server.