cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec crashed ASP.NET errors

ZhiltsovPV
Level 3

Server Backup Exec crashes. Please, help me!!!

Backup Exec 2014, version 14.1, 1786

Installed updates: Service Pack 2, Hotfix 227745

Kaspersky antivirus installed on server. Exclusions for folders and processes were added in antivirus agent.

Backup Exec will generate the following alert in the Backup Exec GUI and in the Application Event logs (Event ID 33919):

An unknown application is deleting files from the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\CRF\.

Server Backup Exec crashes with following errors in Windows logs:

• ASP.NET 4.0.30319.0, event id 1325, Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException
  • BEDBG, event id 259, a process crash has been detected.

Faulting application: beserver.exe 14.1.1786.1093

Faulting module: KERNELBASE.dll 6.1.7601.18015

• ASP.NET 4.0.30319.0, event id 1325, Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException, Failed to initialize the AppDomain:7f2e23c0a62d42f3b7f1c899609191f

• .NET Runtime, event id 1026,

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.OutOfMemoryException

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try uninstalling .Net 4.0 and then repairing BE.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What exclusions have been added ? Have you explicitly added an exclusion for C:\ProgramData\Symantec\CRF as well ?

ZhiltsovPV
Level 3

I tried it but problem was appeared after some days

ZhiltsovPV
Level 3

Exclusions were added for all processes located in C:/Program Files/Symantec/Backup Exec and for C:\ProgramData\Symantec\CRF too.

VJware
Level 6

Your issue seems to match this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH223209

This is the error which is unexpected "An unknown application is deleting files from the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\CRF\."

If the AV is not scanning these directories, run a Procmon/Filemon and check if any other application is accessing this directory or not.

If you don't find any other app accessing this directory, pls log a support case for us to investigate as to what is deleting files from this directory.

ZhiltsovPV
Level 3

I uninstalled.Net 4.0 and then repaired BE again. Application worked fine for two weeks. But error "An unknown application is deleting files from the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\CRF\." appears today again. I run Procmon utility and noticed that processes beserver.exe and csc.exe access to files in folder C:\ProgramData\Symantec\CRF permanently. It does not occur on another server Backup Exec.

Is it normally?

VJware
Level 6

Those processes accessing the CRF directory is normal.

Pls log a formal support case for us to check why the crash is occuring.

ZhiltsovPV
Level 3

Thank you! I open a support case