cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec BackupExec question

SupportMonkey
Level 2

We're going to switch to Backup Exec 2012 this weekend. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience running custom reports with it, and could tell me the feasability of a report that would contain Job name, Tape label (what tape it hit), and byte count (in MB).

Thank you!

Russell

3 REPLIES 3

King_Julien
Level 5

About the MB, I only see "bytes" I don't know why a report cannot tell me how many MB, GB or TB were backed up even when the "job history" are displayed in GB. 

That and because a lot of reasons, I don't like BE reports neither custom reports. 

teiva-boy
Level 6

I've had great luck in the past with custom reports when Symantec used to publish the Db Schema in older builds of BackupExec.

Now, I've just moved on to 3rd party reporting products.  (non-Symantec products)  As Symantec doesn't know reporting in any way shape or form both in product, or their opscenter analytics pay-for product.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...like teiva-boy said, go 3rd party. You're not going to be sorry. We had too as even with a CASO server in the mix, it had the generic useless BE reports. Pulling the same report off 29 media servers wasn't an option, and reports never worked off the CASO.

Opscenter Analytics is a mission to install (I stopped the installation)! I've actually told a couple of Symantec people I've spoken too over the course of the past 2 years that reporting is a serious let-down on BE, and honestly it always has. Something to be worked on quite drastically!

Thanks!