cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Certification

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi,

Currenty i'm working as a System Administartor (Server Support). I want Symantec Certification. Pls guide me which is one best for my carrier.

Thanks,

vicky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lmosla
Level 6

Hi vicky,

I don't feel I can give you the best answer to that since I don't work in certifications.

I would say that for myself the best choice would be in an area that I was most interested or that I wanted to become more familiar with,   I think your best bet would be to contact the Symantec Certification Team 

or  http://www.symantec.com/products-solutions/training/?inid=us_ps_flyout_prdts_training

'Contact Symantec Education

If you have questions or need further assistance, contact us at: 800 327-2232 (option 4) or send an email toamericas_education@symantec.com.'

hope this helps

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

lmosla
Level 6

Hello vicky,  

Please see the Symantec Certification page for more information about the certifications available along with what benefits they give and there is also a link to contact the Symantec Certification Team here: http://www.symantec.com/products-solutions/training/certification/

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi Lmosla,

Which is the best certification in future. Currenly i'm working as System Administartor (Server Support)...

Thanks,

vicky

lmosla
Level 6

Hi vicky,

I don't feel I can give you the best answer to that since I don't work in certifications.

I would say that for myself the best choice would be in an area that I was most interested or that I wanted to become more familiar with,   I think your best bet would be to contact the Symantec Certification Team 

or  http://www.symantec.com/products-solutions/training/?inid=us_ps_flyout_prdts_training

'Contact Symantec Education

If you have questions or need further assistance, contact us at: 800 327-2232 (option 4) or send an email toamericas_education@symantec.com.'

hope this helps

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Thanks Imosla for your Quick ans...

teiva-boy
Level 6

I've done in the past certifications for BE 12, 12.5, and 2010.  SEP 11, NBU 6.5, and EV8.  

While it was great to take them and become SCS or whatever they are calling it these days, but it didn't help my career.

Even better that the courses were free, paid by my employer.

What you need to figure out is, what are employers demanding?  Usually it's not product specific certs like Symantec products.  Usually Vmware, MS, Oracle, and Cisco are the ones most asked for.  Then there is SAN storage from NetApp or EMC.

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Thanks teiva fro your feedback..

Is any course is there related to Storage in symantec?

James007
Level 5

Check this link

All Symantec related certification details with exam code.

http://www.symantec.com/en/in/products-solutions/training/certification/path.jsp?pathID=all_certs

teiva-boy
Level 6

Get VMware certified, work your way up that stack.  You may also want to look into RHEL or SUSE certs, and linux security.

For SAN storage, you want EMC, NetApp, or IBM in that order.  Don't waste your time with Symantec Storage Foundation.  It's a product that won't be needed much in 5 years.  If it's not sold off first.

For Symantec certs, the only real one worth something in a career is NetBackup, due to their marketshare and being an "enterprise," product.  

Cisco UCS and CIso anything really is good too.  

Pick your battles, you can't take all the certs.  But Vmware is important for the future, as is SAN storage, and security.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I had the BE 2010 STS but let it lapse. Prefer keeping my HP StorageWorks MASE & ProLiant ASE up-to-date, and any other virtualization-related certs I have. This was a personal choice as I am no longer a techie and didn't need to maintain the cert for anything.

But...if this is what you require for your job, then it is worth pursuing. The study material is easy-enough to get through, and then it's just experience with the product. The exam itself is very straight-forward and deals with the subject matter.

Good luck!

Dharamveer
Level 3

Symantec Netbackup is worth.

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Thanks for all your comments....