cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Services stop everyday at 5pm

Univista_Suppor
Level 2

5pm everyday the Symantec console will close and all the symantec services will stop.

Have to manually go and restart all services from the services console.

Event logs show  below log at 5 each day.

=============
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Backup Exec
Event Category: None
Event ID: 58057
Date: 11/21/2013
Time: 5:08:40 PM
User: N/A
Computer: FTD_AV
Description:
Backup Exec Alert: Media Error
(Server: "FTD_AV") The disk is offline.

This is typically caused by the folder becoming inaccessible due to it being deleted, renamed, or unshared. It may also be caused by a disk full condition. The folder state has been set to offline. Please attend to this condition. Additional detail may be found in the Event Viewer - Application Log. 

=============================

I'm thinking that event log is just reporting offline because the services are stopped. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My best theory is that there is a database maintenance window occurring causing the services to stop but I havent' been able to find where this could be set.

-Brian Jackson
4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

what version of Backup Exec are you using?  Are you all up to date with Live Updates.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  The alert you see is issued by BE so it is done before the BE services are stopped.  This indicates that there are some B2D folders that went offline.

I noticed that your server is called FTP_AV.  Is there a virus scan done at 5 p.m., causing the B2D folders to be inaccessible to BE.  If so, you should exclude any B2D folders from the virus scan.

Univista_Suppor
Level 2

Its Symantec Backup Exec 2012. Sorry that I did not specify.

There is not a anti virus scan that starts at 5pm.

lmosla
Level 6

Check out this document that refers to this issue and how to adjust the maintenance window. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH18983

Also, make sure you are updated to the lates Service Pack with can be installed through Live Updates.