cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec backup Exec

Bash
Level 4

Hi, i would like to know about the alert which i am getting in symantec backup exec while running backup. It was all fine but suddenly symantec backup exec started giving an alert "It is recommended that you rerun the Intelligent Disaster Recovery Preparation Wizard and select "Copy - Disaster recovery information (.dr) files" option, to back up your disaster recovery information (.dr) file". At this time the backup also stops and it will start when i double click on the alert and click ok then it starts and again in the middle of a running backup it stops because in the alert window this alert comes again.

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Try the work around mentiooned in the below mentioned TN, if you do not want Intelligent Disaster Recovery option.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63354

Regards.....

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The alert is an informational alert and it should not stop/pause your backup.  These alerts are issued when a resource is successfully backed up.  Probably what is happening is:  It takes time to "prep" the next resource for backup, e.g. if you backup a drive, the disk structure will need to be read and the list of files to be backed up prepares.  Also, if you are backing up to disk, the disk file may need to be allocated.  If you wait for a while, I am sure your backup will continue.  I use IDR, I get these messages constantly and my backups complete in a reasonable amount of time.

However, if you still feel that these messages are affecting your backups you go to Tools ---> Alert Categories and either disable them (yellow box in the screenshot helow) or set the auto-response for 1 min. (red box).