cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec backup give frequent pop"The Connection to the Backup Exec Database has been re-established"

Ahmed_Mostafa_H
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have symantec backup exec 2010 installed on Windows Server enterprise 2003 .... The backup exec Give frequent pop that tell "The Connection to the Backup Exec Database has been re-established""

I try to use

BEUtility:
- click on all media servers
- right click media server name on the right hand pane (and run the following options in the specified manner)
1. repair database
2. rebuild database indices
3. Compact database
4. Age database
5. Check database consistency

but still Have same errro .. but i notice that on the BEUtility the medi Status in unknown

i try to check all symantec backup service all service running normal

Any Advice ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ahmed_Mostafa_H
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Aftr symantec technical support try many time to reslove it but unfortunate that did not resolve the problem and told me to that DB is corrupted....
and advice me to bckup the medai Catalog and install a new DB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Are you running a CASO environment? You'd get this error if your MMS loses connectivity to the CASO server.

You can normally sort this out by going to the properties of the MMS under the Managed Media Servers tab on the CASO and changing the amount of time that the MMS sends data through to the CASO, and also move the catalog/job information to the MMS.

Thanks!

vinayy
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi GraigV,

We also getting same warning. but we are not useing CASO.

kindly find attached screen shot.

Regards,

vinay

Ahmed_Mostafa_H
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Aftr symantec technical support try many time to reslove it but unfortunate that did not resolve the problem and told me to that DB is corrupted....
and advice me to bckup the medai Catalog and install a new DB