cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symatec Backup Exec 12.5 - B2D - The specified network name is no longer available.

Triumph_Technol
Level 4

Hi Everyone,

I have a Windows 2008 Hyper-V server that backups up to a hrad disk in another server on the same site. Randomly (about 50% of the time) the job fails with the errror:

Backup- VRTSRV::\\TTLVIRTUAL.ttl.local\Hyper-V?Virtual?Machine\Karen Test Server Storage device "TriumphSBS Backup Drive" reported an error on a request to write data to media.

Error reported:

The specified network name is no longer available.

I have checked the event logs on both servers and nothing relevant in there. I have also fully updated backup exec wit hall patches and removed the ticks from Devices > B2D Folder > Properties > Advanced > "Buffer Reads" and "Buffered Writers".

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

David

2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
its an error related to the Network connection as the connectin to the backup to disk folder might be getting lost . Make sure you are able to access the b2d folder using the UNC path . And also the make sure the backup to disk folder have the correct path i mean servername/X$/path for the folder ....

Triumph_Technol
Level 4
Hi Rahul,

I am getting no network connectivity issue with these servers showing up in the event logs and if this fails suring the day, at the time it fails I can still access the share. Any more ideas?

Thanks