cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System State failure backup exec 2010 beta

Mickey_Kempf
Level 3
Two items come to mind here. 
1. Are we supposed to transfer our current 12.5 licenses to the new 2010 beta release?
2.  Last night I tried, again, to back up system state.  It once again failed and I am a bit confused by this.  My friend said that under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servicesx\wmserver_service that the image path was \..\ which caused the failure.  As I do not have an image there I cannot change it.  Also the first time it failed it failed with the blue screen of death.  It stated that the device manager was failing because of an outdated driver. 

I must tell you if I can fix this error it is working great.  Times are fantastic, but you also have to realize that we are changing from a 2003 server to a 2008.  Going from ultrawide SCSI drives to SAS and from DLT to LTO3.  There really is not a comparrison. 
3 REPLIES 3

teiva-boy
Level 6
 Well this is BETA software...  It could be plagued with issues or undocumented bugs?  

For #1, it's a trial copy that will expire eventually.  You dont enter in any keys.

Mickey_Kempf
Level 3
so also should this be called in on our support agreement to try to resolve the issue then?  Just want to be doing what we are supposed to be as beta testers.

Mickey_Kempf
Level 3
sorry.  The other issue is it might just be a Microsoft glitch.  I presumes that I should also send a request there as well?  Lastly I have to ask, originally they posted that this was to be taken to production in November.  Is that now all to what we have seen as March?  Have to ask because we have a server trying to crash, 7 years old, and if that is the case then I need to go back to 12.5 to take the new 2008R2 server to production and forget 201 for now.  Can't afford to wait for full version to be released then. 

I must say that the new verson is not too bad to use.  As a lay person, not a real it person, I have not really had any issues that by reading and working with the info available I was not able to overcome.  Most item are no different than what we used befor just located in different places and easily discoverable.  It is a very good upgrade from what I can tell so far.