cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System state backup errors

Mark_Bloom
Level 4
i have been backing up my system state on a remote server for months now and just this past week my job has been failing.

An error occurred retrieving system state files.
The System State file could not be backed up.

The exceptions are...
Unable to open the item \\server\System?State\Registry\default - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\server\System?State\Registry\SAM - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\server\System?State\Registry\SECURITY - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\server\System?State\Registry\software - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\server\System?State\Registry\system - skipped.

As I said before, this just started happening and I am not using advanced ope file option because I did not need to in the past. The both machines are server 2000.

Thanks,

Mark
7 REPLIES 7

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Kindly refer the following Document for the same

Job Fail with the following error message : " Final error: 0xe000847c - An error occurred retrieving System State files. The System State file could not be backed up."

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276901

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Jamie_Peppers
Level 3
This all of a sudden start happening to me. It seems it is only BE 10 clients. This didn't happen in version 9.1. The Veritas doc 276901 is not the problem. It is something else.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi Jamie,

To isolate the issue, could you please try backing up the system State with the ntbackup utility of windows?

let us know of the results of the ntbackup backup job.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Jamie_Peppers
Level 3
NT Backup works with no problems.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Jamie,

Have you referred to the steps mentioned in the document? Did they help in resolving the issue.Please update us on the same.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jamie_Peppers
Level 3
That article does not fix my issues. These systems ran version (.1 with no problem. I didn't see it occur until version 10. If I reboot that fixes the proble for a little while.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please launch the sgmon.exe loacted in C:\Programfiles\Veritas\BackupExec\NT and then start the backup job.

Please paste the contents of the sgmon.log. Also check for any errors in the system and application event logs.

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.