cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

VinnieGrack
Not applicable

Hi All, After installing a trial version of Symantec backup exec, it failed to connect to local server with error "TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.". I searched around and could not find anything resolve it. However while comparing the services running on other server, I noticed, path to execute service "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems" was different than the other server. I guess, this happened, because in past we used remote agent using Symantec Backup Exec 2010 on this server. I believe if you have previously used remote agent from older version of Symantec, path to execute service "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems" is "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\beremote.exe" instead of new version as "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beremote.exe". Due to which service "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems" failed to start-up. You will this error "TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." It's very simple to change the service execute path using administrative command prompt. 1. Launch command prompt in administrative mode. 2. syntax for reconfiguring service is below. sc create binPath= (please make sure to have space between equal to sign) e.g C:\Windows\system32>sc config BackupExecAgentAccelerator binPath= "C:\Program F iles\Symantec\Backup Exec\beremote.exe" [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS That's it. Hopefully this is helpful.

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...paragraphs?

Add this as a Blog rather...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/blogs

Thanks!