cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take a look at my errors, what is the problem!!!???

alias747
Level 3
I keep getting failed jobs, i have tried reloading the remote agent on our whatsup server, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. We also get random problems with our exchange server as well. Here is a copy of our log from the backup that ran last night. If you can figure out any solutions from it please help me out!!! Because it seems like we have had nothing but problems since we have upgraded to 11D. Thank you for your assistance!

Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\192.168.x.x\D: V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008524): Unable to initialize the snapshot because the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) is not installed on the target computer. You must install this option, restart the computer, and then run the job again.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008524): Unable to initialize the snapshot because the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) is not installed on the target computer. You must install this option, restart the computer, and then run the job again.

Backup- ACEGROUP-WHATSAn unknown or unexpected database error occurred while attempting a DBCC.
User 'guest' does not have permission to run DBCC CHECKDB for database 'master'.
An unknown or unexpected database error occurred while attempting a DBCC.
Server user 'ACEGROUP-WHATS\backupexec' is not a valid user in database 'model'.
User 'guest' does not have permission to run DBCC CHECKDB for database 'msdb'.
Server user 'ACEGROUP-WHATS\backupexec' is not a valid user in database 'WhatsUp'.

Backup- ACEGROUP-WHATS\WHATSUP V-79-57344-33938 -
An error occurred on a query to database master.
V-79-57344-33938 - 0x2000e213 (536928787)
V-79-57344-33938 -
An error occurred on a query to database model.
V-79-57344-33938 -
An error occurred on a query to database msdb.
V-79-57344-33938 -
An error occurred on a query to database WhatsUp.
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
20 REPLIES 20

alias747
Level 3
Thanks for the link. However, what fixed your problem won't fix mine. I have all my backups set to "Automatically select open file technology". And I have tried several other options for the open file as well. And I continue to get errors. Anyone else have a clue?

alias747
Level 3
Anymore ideas?

alias747
Level 3
No one knows?

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
It states that AOFO option is not installed.  The only backup selection that would work for is Exchange.  Have you installed AOFO on the media server and selected it when pushing a remote agent to a remote server?

alias747
Level 3
When you install the remote agent isnt the AOFO selected automatically? It seems like I can't uncheck it even if wanted to. I know that I have reinstalled the remote agent on the whatsup server and restarted it and it still gives me this warning. Is there just a problem with the remote agent that the backup server can't communicate with it? Becasue there shouldnt be any reason why the AOFO isnt there.

alias747
Level 3
bump

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
AOFO is not automatically selected during a push install.  If you select AOFO it automatically selects the Remote Agent option, but not the other way.  To see if it is installed properly, just start another push install to the target machine and see if AOFO is already checked.  If not, just select it and push the agent again so it flips the bit for VSS use.

alias747
Level 3
Ok when I go into the remote agent push install wizard, it is showing me that the AOFO and the remote agent are already checked for the whatsup server. It won't let me change those either. So I am assuming that AOFO and remote agent are already installed on this server and I really shouldn't be getting this error right? Thanks for working with me D B, I really appreciate it!

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
After you had pushed the agent, with AOFO, did you reboot the server?  AOFO will not function until after the server is rebooted. 

Also, which Exchange server are you backing up?  If it is Exchange 2007 you do not even need to select AOFO since snapshots are the only supported way to backup Exchange 2007 and it will do a snap automatically.  If you are using E2K7, perhaps having the option for AOFO selected is conflicting?

alias747
Level 3
Actually I am not appearing to be having any problems with backing up our exchange server. It is is only our whatsup and I-mail servers. And yes, I did restart the server after installing. Have I got you stumped yet?? haha

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
Almost stumped...  :)

Try running this at a command line on all servers involved:

vssadmin list writers

See if any of the VSS writers are in any state other than Good/Healthy.  If any show up with an issue, usually a reboot of that server will help.

Also, just as a double check, verify all Remote Agent services are running, and on the media server itself confirm that the AOFO option is licsened, under the Help menu.

alias747
Level 3
Unreal...

Well all of the writers on both of the servers that are having the problem say "Stable" with "No errors".

Also looked at msinfo32 on both servers and the vsp driver is loaded and running on both.

I looked at the licenses on the backup server and everything is licensed except DLO, which i think is normal.

I have restarted the whatsup server several times before, and yet just the backup from last night still is saying the same problems. This is really annoying. Is there no fix? Thanks again D B!

alias747
Level 3
Hmmm.... Am I out of luck then?? Smiley Sad

Message Edited by alias747 on 07-10-200710:37 AM

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
I'm trying to contact another person who is a little more familiar with OFO than I am and see if he has an idea.  Just bump this thread occasionally so I don't forget, or at least maybe someone else can chime in as well.

David_Perrin
Level 5
Could it be that the user the remote agent service is logging in to on the remote server does not have privilege to run the open file option?

alias747
Level 3
Well it is the same user account that we are using for the rest or our servers and it is a full rights administrative domain account. Could there be something involving that I could be overlooking? What should I check for?

David_Perrin
Level 5
Sorry, Alias, I don't know anything else to suggest.  I just took a cursory glance at the error you reported and it seemd to me to be a privilege problem.  If there is no difference between this server and your other servers, I must be 'barking up the wrong tree'.

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
Alias, here is my friend's response after he reviewed your log.  (some info we already covered)  If none of this helps you would probably want to call in directtly to technical support for furtehr help.

Looking at the log: right off the bat;

1. Make sure he has rebooted the remote system(s).  Does he have an AOFO license?  Maybe an older version?

2. Check to make sure AOFO is installed on the remote box; check for VPS.SYS and VSPAPI.DLL you can also check the registry for AOFO keys ,settings and version information.

3. Check to see if there are existing (leftover) snapshots on the system.  In the registry under VSPOrpahanage, if there is a GUID entry then there is a stuck snapshot.  Restart services to remove.

4. Check for enough free space

5. Check AOFO wizard for cache file settings

SQL issue seen in the log: It looks like he is logged in as “Guest” when trying to run a consistency check on the SQL databases.

1.    Check login account

2.    Check SQL service pack level, is he patched?

3.    It's possible that the SQLVDI.DLL is not registering properly on the SQL server/ media server. To ensure this is not the case, perform the following steps:
a. On the media server and SQL Server:  Click Start, click Run, type:  Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\COM\SQLVDI.DLL"
b. click OK.

4.    This sometimes fails when run against master if an internal database snapshot cannot be created; see #3 above for existing snapshots.