cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking a job of hold... but want it to run on the next scheduled day

mhartman
Level 3

Hi all and thank in advance for your help.

Since the start time of the job on hold is in the past, I am wondering if there is a way to take a job off hold but NOT have it start to run but rather start automatically on the next days schedule.

I see in the job properties under Frequency>Schedule the option to "Run on" so I could set that to the correct time then revert it back to "Run according to schedule" But is there a better way to accomplish this?

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Well in that case, you can cancel that job. This will not make the job run again (i.e. today's schedule will be cancelled), but will retain following days schedule.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Only (and the best) way you could achieve that is by manually changing the job schedule each time you want to hold schedule and run the job on next day.

Other option i could think of is, if you know which days schedule you would like to skip well in advance, you could configure 'exclude dates" (example: for the entire month in advance) and the job won't run on those days.

mhartman
Level 3

There was a service hang that caused the backup to go into hold. I just want to set it to resume its regular schedule on tomorrows date.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Well in that case, you can cancel that job. This will not make the job run again (i.e. today's schedule will be cancelled), but will retain following days schedule.

mhartman
Level 3

Excellent!

This is what I did.

1. Right click the job and take off hold schedule

2. Right click the job and cancel

Everything is on schedule.