cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TandbergTape library problem

Fasih_Rehman
Level 3

Dear All,

I have a query in our environmen tandberg  tape library LTO-4 is use for back purpose Symantec Back Exec  2012 is use  and install on virtual machine operating system  server 2008 R2 tape library is detected in Back Exec 2012 "tape drive 0001 HP ultrium 4-SCSI Tandberg library is attached to the SAS cable and the virtual machine we use is  vmware. but Slots is not showing on the Back Exec software how  can i resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Fasih

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE as a media server based on a VM platform isn't supported. You need to consider moving your media server onto a physical server with th etape library attache.

Thelater versions of VMware don't support SCSI pass-through from what I can remember as well.

You'd need to recreate your situation on a physical environment in order to get support. This isn't a case of lack of support from Symantec's side, but rather VMware.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE as a media server based on a VM platform isn't supported. You need to consider moving your media server onto a physical server with th etape library attache.

Thelater versions of VMware don't support SCSI pass-through from what I can remember as well.

You'd need to recreate your situation on a physical environment in order to get support. This isn't a case of lack of support from Symantec's side, but rather VMware.

Thanks!