cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Disappeared!!

NoorullaKhan
Level 4
 Hi Every1 there..

One of my tape marked with RED Cross mark, so accedently imoved that slot tape to "Cleaning Media". I tried to restore it to its actual media set by selecting associate to media option but couldn't. Later i deleted after that its disappeared...how can i get it back...please help

Thanx in advance...

Khan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Have you physically checked the library to verify that tape is in the slot?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Run an inventory, and then a catalog on the tape and see if your tape shows under its media set.
If the data has been erased, chances aren't good you'll be getting it back.

NoorullaKhan
Level 4
As per your advise after running inventory nothing ican see in that slot imean still showing Empty..Even i tried with Scan but no luck...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Can you attach a screenshot?

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Have you physically checked the library to verify that tape is in the slot?

NoorullaKhan
Level 4
After checking phisically ifound the tape moved from Slot-5 to Slot-1 ...donno how it happened...Any guess....

Paul_at_IPS
Level 3
Good Afterenoon All,

I have several jobs that run each night.  I need to figure out how to set up job dependancies so that a subsequent job will not run unless a prior job has sucessfully run.  Looking through the help I do not see anything on the subject.   Is it possible, and if do, can someone advise me as to how I might set it up ?

Regards,
Paul at IPS

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

This should be a new topic, but

You can use Policies to run a series of jobs.  See the Admin Guide for details

Paul_at_IPS
Level 3
Good Evening Ken,

If you have any examples that would be a great help.   I have looked through the admin PDF and I am not seeing any information regarding setting up job dependencies.   You mentioned using policies, but that too I am not seeing too much "how-do-I" steps.    Your advice and help would greatly appreciated.

TIA and Regards,
Paul

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

See the guide starting at page 423 for an overview of policies

To add a Backup Template to the Policy, see page 430

Paul_at_IPS
Level 3

Good Afternoon Ken,

I must have downloaded the incorrect PDF files.   These are what I retreived.  "SymantecTM Backup Exec for Windows Servers Command Line Applet" and "Symantec Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server version 12 Administrator's Guide'.   Neither one has 400+ pages.  Can you please advise me as to which PDF you are referring? 

Regards,
Paul

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Paul_at_IPS
Level 3
Ken,

Does Symantec Backup Exec v12.0 support the Policies Job Dependancies as well?

Regards,
P.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Certainly does