cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Drive Hardware Storage Error

jhanington
Level 3

I just installed 2012 on my server and BE is telling me that the tape drive is offline. When I go to right click and uncheck Offline it goes right back to being offline. The hardware is a Dell Powervault 124T tape drive. The device was working on BE versions 12, 12.5 and 2010. What could be the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jhanington
Level 3

I uninstalled the symantec drivers, installed the windows drivers and restarted. Everything is working now.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you checked the HCL to make sure the tape drive is compatible with BE 2012?

If compatible, have you installed symantec drivers for tape drive?

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you checked in the  Windows Device manager that the device is properly detected by Operating System first??

If not then try to reboot the server and then check the results.

Thanks,

-Sush...

jhanington
Level 3

Yes it is supported.

PowerVault 124T SCSI IBM Ultrium 3 SCSI DELL^^^^PV-124T  IBM^^^^^ULTRIUM-TD3

No I have not installed the symantec drivers. How would I go about doing that?

jhanington
Level 3

Yes it is listed in the device manager.

jhanington
Level 3

NVM. The symantec drivers were already installed. Still having the same problem.

Biker_Dude
Level 5
Employee

Find out what IP is assigned to the tape library and then browse to it.  The IP address should be displayed on the front LCD of the library.

Once there, click on 'Error Logs and Diagnotstics' at the top of the screen.  Login when prompted.  The default login is admin\password unless you or someonelse has changed it.

Click on 'View Logs' under View Error and History Logs and check for hardware errors.  If you see any, then you should contact Dell support for further assitance.

Or, if you are not sure what you are looking at then click on 'Save Logs' under View Error and History Logs and post the output here.

jhanington
Level 3

I uninstalled the symantec drivers, installed the windows drivers and restarted. Everything is working now.