cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Drive not updating !

thekudo
Level 3

Hi

I recently tried to do a long erase on a tape and it froze. So I had to cancel the job and that froze as well. So I restarted the Backup exec services and which killed the long erase job but knocked a few disk drives offline. After rebooting the physical Dell PowerVault server the tape drive was still not ejecting the tape (eject tape option greyed out)

So I ejected the tape using the physical server interface for the Dell Powervault.

However the tape drive still says it contains the tape media and I can't get it to update. Is there any way to refresh a tape drives status or what it contains please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

post ejecting from the physical server interface, did you restart the BE services and then check the status?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

post ejecting from the physical server interface, did you restart the BE services and then check the status?

Thank you very much. To be honest that was going to be my last resort as I didn't want any current jobs to break on my other backup exec servers but that has worked. I really appreciated your time and reply :)