cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Full Alert

TeeJayUu
Level 4

Good morning

I am currently running BUE 2010 R2 on Windows 2003 R2 with a Quantum SuperLoader 3.  Is there a way to get a 'Tape Full' alert sent via email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

you can set a email notification from the following location . I dont think there is a alery when the media is full , but you can setup notification for insert media which you ideally get when the media is full .

Please try the following.
Go to Tools > Alert Categories and go to the alery for which you want the email notication select the option "Send notifications to selected recipients" for the respective alert categories.

OR 

1.Go to Tools- Assign recepients to alert categories

2.In the Alert categories select Medi ainser alert 

3.Click on New in the Recepients block

4.Select the Recepient as Person and then click Ok.

5.Selct SMTP email in it's Properties

6.Check th eenable option

7.Check th Enable option in the "Limit the number of Notifications sent"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

you can set a email notification from the following location . I dont think there is a alery when the media is full , but you can setup notification for insert media which you ideally get when the media is full .

Please try the following.
Go to Tools > Alert Categories and go to the alery for which you want the email notication select the option "Send notifications to selected recipients" for the respective alert categories.

OR 

1.Go to Tools- Assign recepients to alert categories

2.In the Alert categories select Medi ainser alert 

3.Click on New in the Recepients block

4.Select the Recepient as Person and then click Ok.

5.Selct SMTP email in it's Properties

6.Check th eenable option

7.Check th Enable option in the "Limit the number of Notifications sent"

TeeJayUu
Level 4

Thanks RahulG.

In the "Limit the number of notifications sent"  I want to be notified only 1 in 2 days.  How is this possible as the maximum number of minutes is 999 (16 hours 39 minutes)

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

It cannot be further increased, you can set auto reponse to the alert , so that the backup job get failed and the same alert to insert media is not generated.