cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape change before full?

Not applicable
We have Backup Exec 8.6 with an LTO Autoloader. Recently, after installingnew drivers for the autoloader, BackupExec only seems to back up 40GB pertape. I think, but am not sure, that it may be using one tape per drivebacked up. The logs look normal, hardware compression is enabled, but tapesare changing sooner than they should and our backups fail stating that themedia we've provided to continue the backup has already been used for thebackup job. Any help is greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable
Chris Mathis wrote:> We have Backup Exec 8.6 with an LTO Autoloader. Recently, after installing> new drivers for the autoloader, BackupExec only seems to back up 40GB per> tape. I think, but am not sure, that it may be using one tape per drive> backed up. The logs look normal, hardware compression is enabled, but tapes> are changing sooner than they should and our backups fail stating that the> media we've provided to continue the backup has already been used for the> backup job. Any help is greatly appreciated.That message means that the tape provided in response to a Mount request has already been used by this job. In a loader, it is usually seen when the slots are partitioned.if this stared after chaning drivers, have you tried reloading the older ones?

Not applicable
Ken Putnam wrote:>Chris Mathis wrote:>> We have Backup Exec 8.6 with an LTO Autoloader. Recently, after installing>> new drivers for the autoloader, BackupExec only seems to back up 40GBper>> tape. I think, but am not sure, that it may be using one tape per drive>> backed up. The logs look normal, hardware compression is enabled, buttapes>> are changing sooner than they should and our backups fail stating thatthe>> media we've provided to continue the backup has already been used forthe>> backup job. Any help is greatly appreciated.>>>That message means that the tape provided in response to a Mount request>has already been used by this job. In a loader, it is usually seen when>the slots are partitioned.>>if this stared after chaning drivers, have you tried reloading the older>ones?We've tried multiple drivers, including the original ones we were using. The alerts, my observations, and the job log all show all three tapes beingpulled and utilized. We've installed version 9 to try and pin down the issue. I'm still working dilligently on this one.