Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape duplication from Deduplication storage errors

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hy.

I need your help. We make Backup2Disk to an Deduplication Storage.

After the Backup, it starts a duplication to Tape.

And there is the Problem. I get this error:

Final error: 0xe0000605 - The requested media is loaded, but has been deleted and does not contain any backup sets.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors

So the Duplication fails. So I tried a restore from the "deleted media". But the media was not deleted. I was able to restore ALL Files from this media.

The only thing I detected is that the "normal" Mediatyp is --> DSK

But some of the mediasets are WORM?? But I have not configured WORM media sets. There is no Backupset with WORM enabled.
So I changed all Mediatyps to DSK. On the next day, there was again 3 WORM Media sets.

And this 3 MediaSets BackupExec tried to duplicate and failed again.

Do you have any idea for my problem? That would be great. Thank you very much.
11 REPLIES 11

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you're not using BE 2010 R3 I'd suggest upgrading to that and patching with all available updates. Once done, try the duplicate job again.

THanks!

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Sorry, I am running Backup Exec 2010 R3 - SP1 and ALL HotFixes.

It it Windows 2008 R2 - 64 Bit

Thank you for your help

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Look for the option "Use Write Once Read Many media" option under Device and Media options for backup jobs and templates. If it is selected, deselect it and see if that helps.

Regards.....

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello Kiran,

I do not use this option. In no backup job.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Was WORM media ever used in the past ?

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

No Never, they were created automatically.

I think you should now that this is a very new Installation. It is about 1 Month ould.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Seems similar to https://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH152714

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hy VJware,

I think this could be the solution. I deleted all Jobs (created with a policy) and made new jobs.

My it helps. I have to give it a try. Thank you.

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

So now the problems is, hmmmm, better :)

Duplication from Disk to Tape work, but sometimes it fails. If I look at the Disk Medias. There was 2 WORM Medias.

But there is no Job with WORM Media.? Thats very strange!!

Minuli
Not applicable

Hi I have the same problem ex605... I have talked about it with 2nd support level.. They told me that engeneers work on it.. and fix will be upload soon.. I am waiting one week and nothing happends.. i have the same version 2010 R3 SP1 but in live update i can see SP1 fix.. and if i start this update it would popup a error... so i dont know if the SP1 package dont block new fix what i am wainting for....

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...fixes aren't just written right off the bat to suit someone's issue. It's probably going to be tracked across a number of instances of the same issue, and once it's ready to be fixed, then Symantex would have to take through all the quality gates before releasing to the public.