cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape no longer automatically ejects

Lee_Marsh
Level 3
Hi,

I'm having trouble with my BackupExec 10 installation. Before, I had set the tape drive to automatically eject once the backup was complete, which worked fine, but now it isn't automatically ejecting, and the job hangs at 99% with the prompt "Please remove the media from the drive".

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks for reading!
8 REPLIES 8

Simon_Armstrong
Level 6
Hi Lee,

You'll have to configure a couple of things. Check out the link below:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm

Lee_Marsh
Level 3
Hi,

Many thanks for your really swift response!

I have already seen this document and I've actually already done this. Whilst it acknowledges the alert, it doesn't physically eject the tape.

Any ideas?

Simon_Armstrong
Level 6
Hhmm I'm a little confussed. In your first comment you say that the backup job is at 99% with the prompt "Please remove the media from the drive", which points to an alert not being acknowledged.

Could you tell me how you're getting the tape to eject at the moment (eg manually pressing the eject button). I just want to have a clear picture of what's going on.

Lee_Marsh
Level 3
Yes, to eject we are having to use the eject button.

Simon_Armstrong
Level 6
Before you eject the tape manually is the backup job still running (99% complete), and if so, when you eject the tape manually does the backup complete.

Nelson_Kaeppel
Level 3
Hello,

We are having the same problem - is there any resolution to this yet?

It starting happening when we upgraded to the latest build of BE 10. We also tried 10d and it is still broken in that version as well.

What appears to be happening is that the user "ADAMM" is now responding to the "Remove Media" alert with an action of "None". In the past the account that is used to start the BE Windows services would respond to the alert automatically with the action of "Close" thus ejecting the tape.

Who is this "ADAMM" and why is it not responding to the alert correctly as it used to.

Any help is appreciated.

NelsonMessage was edited by:
Nelson Kaeppel

Simon_Armstrong
Level 6
ADAMM stands for Advanced Device and Media Management

Lee_Marsh
Level 3
My apologies for not replying sooner; I was called away and this is the first time I have had chance to sit down.

I have solved the problem - and can only conclude it was a driver issue. I performed a Microsoft Update on the system, and there was a new driver for the tape device. Upon installation of the new driver, the problem hasn't happened since.

Many thanks for all your kind replies,

Lee