Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape problem after migration

herrein
Level 3

hello everyone

I have a problem with my backupexec.

I had a old physical server with backupexec and I migrated the backupexec server to a new physical server with different computer name and IP address. All thing work properly except one thing: I cannot change media description on Tape. When I try to do so it return an error : "Unable to forward request to another media server"

Plz Help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My problem was solved thanks to you

In SQL database tabel I cannot delete that line but I found another line with value of new backupexec media server. I changed that old server value to name of new server and make that other line to something else. that solved my problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

its probably due to the entry of the old server name present in BEDB device table.  You can connect with support to get the old server name entry removed or you can do it as well.

Can you Tell me how can I do this? I can connect to database but I dont know what to do.

Thank you

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

have sent you the steps on private message.

My problem was solved thanks to you

In SQL database tabel I cannot delete that line but I found another line with value of new backupexec media server. I changed that old server value to name of new server and make that other line to something else. that solved my problem.

Same issue for me, has anyone posted the solution?

Can you please share the steps with us?