cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape questions + starting

garry_m
Level 3
 I am using Veritas and I think it is a good product. IDR works great. Now i just have two small guestions

Veritas 9.0 for windows server

1. You can make sure that after the job has finished the the tape will be ejected automatic. If i put the nezt tape in I have to inventory it every time. Is there a way this goes automatic?

2. To make sure the job starts you have to have veritas started in your screen and then minimize it. Is there an other way to make sure it all works without having veritas in the desktop.

Any idea..

Garry
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
 1. No, this is the best way to do things, so Backup Exec knows exactly what tape is in the drive - I think some tapes drives do this automatically - maybe the DLT units.. even if they do, its always best to inventory it - this only takes a few seconds.

2. Just close backup exec - make sure all the backup exec services are started - backup Exec works as a service, so the backups will happen in the background.
If this is not happening for you, then something else is not right on your system.

And good to see IDR works well for you

Mark

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marksw
Level 5
 1. No, this is the best way to do things, so Backup Exec knows exactly what tape is in the drive - I think some tapes drives do this automatically - maybe the DLT units.. even if they do, its always best to inventory it - this only takes a few seconds.

2. Just close backup exec - make sure all the backup exec services are started - backup Exec works as a service, so the backups will happen in the background.
If this is not happening for you, then something else is not right on your system.

And good to see IDR works well for you

Mark