cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape stuck in autoloader?

SymQNA
Level 5

After backup job failed with below error, we tried to run inventory for autoloader. It keeps running for several hours and seems the tape is stuck in drive. Please refer to attached picture and advise what to do. I suspect I need to unlock the autoloader to pull out the tape, but unlock menu is dim on MMS and CASO. Please advise. Thanks

Storage device "MMS-PV2000TD" reported an error on a request to write data to media.

Error reported:

This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

V-79-57344-34032 - The device timed out.

Storage device "MMS-PV2000TD" reported an error on a request to rewind the media.

Error reported:

This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

1 REPLY 1

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

The TL2000 library is probably not locked as BE changed the default behavior a bunch of versions ago.  Since BE doesn't lock the library unless you enable that feature, the options are grayed out.  See more info at http://www.veritas.com/docs/000037198

I would suggest using the TL2000 web interface to see the library status and get the tape removed from the tape drive.  You may need to power cycle the library to achieve a tape release.

If the web interface doesn't help, then I suggest that you run the diagnostics program.