At my work, we backup on a daily basis. We use Backup Exec 10d for Windows Servers and a Dell Tapeunit (13 months old).
The last 5 weeks we have a problem with the tapes we use on Tuesday.
5 weeks ago I checked (on Wednesday) if the backup of the day before was finished, but the tape was out of the unit and the unit asked for a cleaning tape. So I ran the cleaningtape and the next backup finished properly.
The next Tuesday, the same problem occured. So I replaced the Tuesday-tape with a new one.
The next week, the same problem happened.
I have already tried 3 brand-new tapes for the Tuesday backup, but none worked.
Even in the Job Log there is nog message of a failure.
We use MS windows server 2003 and in that Eventlog, there is no message of a missing tape....
I don't think the problem lies in the unit itself, because the other backups are good with no errors.