cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template rules in Backup Exec 2012

egism
Level 2

Hello,

I have a problem how to manage two backup jobs which are running on the same date and on the same time (weekly backup each Friday, monthly backup last Friday of the month). The problem is that in the previous versions I could configure template rules and everything was fine. In 2012 vesrion I can't add these two jobs to the one because these jobs are using tapes from different media sets, which have different overwrite and append periods.

Thanks,

Egidijus 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

egism
Level 2

I found an answer:

In BE 2012, schedule all jobs for the exact same time or schedule rotation desired. When a conflict occurs, the job running less frequently will supercede the other jobs. Thus, a Monthly job will supersede a Weekly, a Weekly job will supercede a Daily job and, a Monthly job will supersede a Daily.

The calendar view will show the detail of the superceded jobs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Solution4all
Level 4

Hi

You can set the priority for backups,Please check link below.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO73471

egism
Level 2

I know this but in this case after monthly backup is done program will ask for the tape for weekly backup or not.

Solution4all
Level 4

It should not if weekly backup is configured to appent to media and tape is apentable it will continue backup on same tape.

egism
Level 2

I do not need second job on the same day and to the same tape, only one of these jobs should be made.

Egidijus

egism
Level 2

I found an answer:

In BE 2012, schedule all jobs for the exact same time or schedule rotation desired. When a conflict occurs, the job running less frequently will supercede the other jobs. Thus, a Monthly job will supersede a Weekly, a Weekly job will supercede a Daily job and, a Monthly job will supersede a Daily.

The calendar view will show the detail of the superceded jobs.